Using my 25 years experience in the waste management industry, I provide a helping hand to clients. My experience enables me to add value to your project in all stages of development by:
- carrying out due diligence work on EFW and MBT facilities
- the technical management of the competitive biding process
- construction project management
- advising on operation and management of facilities
I provide advice and assistance to clients for packages of work in all stages of project development and for the full range of waste management and resource recovery activities UK and world wide.
Recent work includes-
300kt EFW 2017 to date, based over seas
Assisted a client with the project development of a 300kt EFW. The project is at the bidding stage. The project was based around a single line EFW with onsite ash processing plant based overseas.
- The work involved reviewing the EPC contractor’s proposal, project meetings with the client and contractor and agreeing suitable remedies for issues that arose. The object was to achieve an EPC contract which gave certainty, a fixed price, value for money and ensured that all aspects of the project included tried and tested methods and equipment. It is expected that the project will move onto financial close in the new year.
- O and M
- In tandem assistance was given to develop the O and M contract by reviewing the tender and meeting with the proposed O and M contractor. The object was to get the best value for money by ensuring the contract included appropriate risk sharing on maintenance costs. This was achieved by contracting to hold each party responsible for the elements which gave better value for money when managed under their control.
- Technical evaluation of gasification technology suppliers for a 200 ktpa gasification plant
- reworking of the client’s detailed specification to ensure suitability for the bidding process
- contract negotiations with the preferred supplier.
- The facility is expected to be operational in 2018